Archbishop of Canterbury's Anglican Vision
On Monday, the Archbishop released a letter to all the Anglican faithful regarding the future of the Anglican Communion. It is a gift to have such a thoughtful theologian at the helm. It has been posited that +Rowan's theology begins with his ecclesiology, and it is evident that this is the most important thrust of his vision for Anglicanism. As a Communion that has a vocation to be an expression of the Church Catholic we must move forward in a way that 'intensifies existing relationships,' which allows for stronger theological cohesion, resulting in more 'recognizability' both within the Communion and the Church Catholic. It is clear that the Covenant is the way in which theological consistency will enhance. The Covenant is simply the instrument to allow the Communion to act as a global body of Christ rather than local and autonomous national churches. As the Communion continues to imagine its future, what is most promising is the clear vision that the Archbishop offers: that the Anglican Church enhances its vocation as an expression of Catholicity.
A valuable commentary can be found here and there.
A valuable commentary can be found here and there.
Labels: Covenant, Rowan Williams
2 Comments:
Hi - excellent blog.
The painting of Our Lady and Christ Child - can I ask where it is from?
I appreciate you checking out the blog, and putting a link on your page. Sorry that it took some time to get back, I'm not accustomed to comments! Unfortunately, I cannot quite remember where I found the painting.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home